Company: GENERAL ATOMICS
Posted on: November 16, 2021
General Atomics Aeronautical Systems, Inc. (GA-ASI), an
affiliate of General Atomics, is a world leader in proven, reliable
remotely piloted aircraft and tactical reconnaissance radars, as
well as advanced high-resolution surveillance systems.
We have an exciting opportunity as an experienced Price Cost
Analyst to work out of our Poway, CA location.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- With limited direction, this position exercises considerable
latitude in analyzing statistical and proposal data to develop
independent price and cost recommendations to support negotiations
with customers and suppliers.
- Compile and analyze source data from government or commercial
databases, tables, and indexes to establish price and cost
- Interface with several internal functional groups as well as
outside vendors/suppliers to gather information.
- Perform detailed analysis of supplier proposals and supporting
documentation to validate labor, material, and other cost elements
for supplier products, and/or services.
- Perform fact finding at supplier locations as needed to review
basis of estimates and source documentation verifying proposal cost
- May analyze and audit direct/indirect rates at supplier
facilities to formulate rate recommendations.
- Perform regression analysis to account for learning or quantity
variance as required
- Determine reasonableness of proposed cost and pricing.
- Interpret relevant government regulation(s) (e.g. FAR & DFARS)
to perform this role.
- Develop and maintain spreadsheet and/or cost models to support
price/cost analysis, and prepare reports, charts, and graphs of
- Participate in cost and pricing reviews with management,
customer, and or supplier representatives.
- Participate in the development and training of professional
- Maintain the strict confidentiality of sensitive
- Responsible for observing all laws, regulations and other
applicable obligations wherever and whenever business is conducted
on behalf of the Company and expected to work in a safe manner in
accordance with established operating procedures and practices.We
recognize and appreciate the value and contributions of individuals
with diverse backgrounds and experiences and welcome all qualified
individuals to apply.
Typically requires a bachelor's
degree and fifteen or more years of experience in finance,
accounting, or business administration in a manufacturing
environment. Equivalent experience may be substituted in lieu of
education. Requires fifteen or more years of experience in finance,
accounting, business analytics, manufacturing estimating, or data
analysis. Must have experience using Microsoft Excel to analyze
data and create -live cost models.-Must demonstrate: (1) a
comprehensive understanding of the concepts, principles, and
standard practices of costing and pricing projects; (2) in depth
experience working in a government contracting environment
including interfacing with audit agencies such as the DCMA or the
DCAA; (3) a detailed knowledge of FAR, DFARS, and/or CAS
regulations; (4) the ability to understand new concepts,
techniques, and standards quickly and apply them accurately in an
evolving environment to assist in developing new/advanced
applications and processes.Must be customer focused and possess:
(1) the ability to identify issues, analyze data and develop
solutions to a variety of complex problems; (2) good analytical,
verbal and written communication skills to accurately document,
report, and present findings; (3) strong interpersonal skills
enabling an effective interface with other professionals; (4) good
computer skills with knowledge of software applications
(particularly Microsoft Office Suite) relevant to the position,
including spreadsheet developments; (5) the ability to on a work
self-initiated basis and lead in a team environment; and (6) the
flexibility to work extended hours and travel when required.
Keywords: GENERAL ATOMICS, Santee , Price/Cost Analyst, Professions , Santee, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!