Sensor Production Project Engineer
Company: GENERAL ATOMICS
Posted on: November 14, 2021
General Atomics Aeronautical Systems, Inc. (GA-ASI), an
affiliate of General Atomics, is a world leader in proven, reliable
remotely piloted aircraft and tactical reconnaissance radars, as
well as advanced high-resolution surveillance systems.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Project Engineer. This
position supports the Project Engineering Mission Payload and
Exploitation (MPEx) team supporting development, integration, and
sustainment of a wide variety of high TRL Payloads, Components, and
Suppliers ranging from Radar, ESM, EO/IR, Antennas, and more.
Candidate will also support the transition of exciting new
developmental payloads to production.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develop and execute introduction to production plans including
but not limited to production workflows, point of manufacturing,
production test procedures, and quality inspection plans.
- Plan, manage, and execute multi-disciplined project teams
involving hardware and software requirements to ensure cost,
schedule, and performance expectations are met.
- Lead a multi discipline engineering, production, material
control, and quality team, acting as the primary Engineering point
of contact to direct resources
- Maintain communication between GA project team(s) and
sub-contractors/suppliers to ensure requirements and delivery
schedules are aligned
- With limited direction, provide leadership, direction, and
guidance to a multi-discipline engineering team by determining
technical objectives for the review, research, design, development,
and/or solutions to resolve highly technical and complex
- Lead system level Qualification, Verification and Validation
Testing of hardware and software with emphasis placed on deriving &
tracking test requirements, generation of system level Test Plans
and Procedures, conducting Lab/Ground/Flight testing.
- Directs the allocation of technical resources and professional
staff to achieve objectives
- Other duties as assigned or required
We recognize and appreciate the value and contributions of
individuals with diverse backgrounds and experiences and welcome
all qualified individuals to apply.
- Typically requires a bachelor's degree in engineering or a
related technical discipline from an accredited institution. May
substitute equivalent engineering experience in lieu of
- Typically requires a Bachelors, Masters or PhD in engineering
or a related technical field as well as six or more years of
progressively complex software or hardware engineering experience
with at least two of those years having lead responsibilities.
- Must be able to lead a cross-functional team through
fundamental engineering best practices such as but not limited to
top-down requirement decomposition, design development, Trade
Studies, System/Software/Hardware architecture development,
technical reviews, acceptance and qualification testing.
- Demonstrate proficiency in mechanical and/or electrical
development technologies, architectures, methodologies, processes,
and the application of Systems Engineering principles to
- Must have experience with production, procurement, and quality
process is in support of pre-production
- Must have some experience with phases of the software
development lifecycle from concept development to customer support
of fielded systems and configuration management.
- Ability to quickly grasp and understand the full scope of
development activities and come up to speed quickly in new areas.
Take on a high-level problems and organize a technical path
- Strong ability to collaborate and draw support and guidance
from senior engineering staff and program management offices.
- Excellent written, presentation, and verbal communication
skills. Must be able to distill complex engineering topics into
concise presentation materials, and present effectively to
customers, internal stakeholders, and Sr. management.
- Desired to be familiar several of the following technologies:
Payload Command and Control (C2), Radar Systems, Avionics,
Electrical Systems, Real Time Systems, Data Dissemination,
Computers and Networks, Open Architectures, Embedded Systems,
Product Exploitation, Human Machine Interfaces, Machine Learning,
EO/IR, Electronic Warfare.
- Candidate is desired to have experience with Product
Management, Systems Engineering, System Test & Integration,
Subcontractor Management, Proposal Development, Basis of
Estimation, Earned Value Management Systems (EVMS); Commercial
and/or DOD Product development.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a DoD Security Clearance is
Keywords: GENERAL ATOMICS, Santee , Sensor Production Project Engineer, Professions , Santee, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!