Neuropsychologist (Per Diem)
Posted on: March 18, 2023
Provides complete and appropriate neuropsychological evaluations
for a wide variety of neurosurgical, neurological, psychiatric,
neurorehabilitation and general medical/surgical patients.
Collaborates with treating physician/psychiatric and allied health
professional team to plan and direct each individual member's
- Performs clinically indicated neuropsychological and/or
neurobehavioral evaluation of patients with actual and suspected
neurological diseases and disorders, as well as patients with
psychiatric disorders, and pediatric and adult general medical
patients with psychological or neuropsychological symptoms.
Prepares comprehensive written assessment reports which may include
- Consults with regard to cognitive and behavioral rehabilitation
for patients with neurological disorders, e.g. aneurysm, stroke and
traumatic brain injury. May act as a liaison between psychiatry and
other medical departments to develop appropriate triage and
treatment programs for patients with complex medical and
psychological/psychosocial needs. Participates in clinical
activities with neurologists, neurosurgeons, psychiatrists and
- May make recommendations on community resources to meet the
needs of the member's treatment. Refer to relevant social service
agencies and community organizations to meet the needs of the
- Supervisory Responsibilities: May provide clinical supervision
to doctoral psychology interns, postdoctoral psychology fellows,
and other mental health trainees or medical residents as
- May provide direct intervention with patients, specific to
neuropsychological issues, including psychotherapy and/or family
consultation where indicated. Treatment may include direct
intervention and program development as well as consultation with
other professionals and family members.
- One year doctoral internship with specialized training in
- 2000 hours of formal post-doctoral training program in
neuropsychology in medical settings with neurology,
neurorehabilitation and/or neurosurgical services.
- An equivalent combination of training, supervision and
experience will be considered on a case by case basis.
- Doctorate degree in Psychology from an American Psychological
Association accredited (or equivalent) doctoral program. Academic
courses should reflect didactic and experimental training in
neuropsychology and psychopathology.
License, Certification, Registration
- Psychologist License (California)
- National Provider Identifier required at hire
- Able to practice under Business and Professional Code Section
- Documented experience dealing with a wide variety of
neurosurgical, neurological, psychiatric and general
- Documented experience working as a member of an
- Knowledge of community agencies and resources.
- Knowledge of state regulations and APA standards as they relate
to client treatment, patient rights, client/patient
confidentiality, and other ethical issues.
- Demonstrated ability to function independently without direct
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Must be able to work in a Labor/Management Partnership
- Bilingual preferred.
- Experience working with children and teens preferred
- May be required to work at various locations due to department
Job Category: Behavioral Health, Social Services & Spiritual
Keywords: Kaiser, Santee , Neuropsychologist (Per Diem), Other , Santee, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...