System Test and Qualification Engineer - MQ-9A
Company: GENERAL ATOMICS
Posted on: January 11, 2022
General Atomics Aeronautical Systems, Inc. (GA-ASI), an
affiliate of General Atomics, is a world leader in proven, reliable
remotely piloted aircraft and tactical reconnaissance radars, as
well as advanced high-resolution surveillance systems.
This position is located at our Poway, CA location supporting test
and evaluation engineering activities on General Atomics aircraft.
This position is an excellent fit for someone who enjoys a
fast-paced environment with hands-on access to our industry-leading
RPA platform, MQ-9A. The System Test & Qualification (ST&Q)
engineer will lead all final (SIL/HILL/Ground/Flight) testing of
the platform before it is delivered to the customer.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Experienced candidate will hit the ground running and quickly
learn the principles of General Atomics products as well as test
progression from SIL through Ground and finally Flight
- Perform Test and Evaluation (T&E) activities under minimal
supervision, will determine and develop various approaches to
achieve T&E goals and help guide the completion of test
- Act as primary test engineer during SIL, ground, and flight
operations. Test duties include system level T&E of hardware
and software with emphasis placed on resource planning, conducting
SIL, ground and flight testing, and participating in technical test
- Communicate clearly and in writing all facets of flight test
program to include test plans, SIL, ground and flight test
procedures, flight cards and test reports. Candidate will work with
government aircrew and be responsible for conducting pre-flight
briefings and post flight debriefings.
- Responsible for observing all laws, regulations and other
applicable obligations wherever and whenever business is conducted
on behalf of the Company.
- Expected to work in a safe manner in accordance with
established operating procedures and practices.
We recognize and appreciate the value and contributions of
individuals with diverse backgrounds and experiences and welcome
all qualified individuals to apply.
- Typically requires a bachelor 's or master 's degree in
engineering or a related technical discipline from an accredited
institution and two or more years of engineering experience with a
bachelor 's degree. May substitute equivalent engineering
experience in lieu of education.
- Previous flight test engineer with a qualification to perform
tests for a military organization including prior Department of
Defense (DoD) Developmental Test (DT) or Operational Test (OT)
experience is highly desired.
- Experience as a test conductor and/or test director and
experience with a Combined Test Force (CTF) or Integrated Test
Force (ITF) is highly desired.
- Analysis expertise desired with an emphasis on data collection,
ad hoc queries and suitability measures. Experience with analysis
tools such as MATLAB, STK, FOQA or other products.
- Previous expertise and working knowledge of the National
Airspace System and UAS operating rules and regulations thereof.
Prior flight experience civil or prior military aircrew
- Must have a general understanding of engineering concepts,
principles, and theory with technical experience demonstrating the
application of those concepts while ensuring safety and regulatory
- Must possess the ability to understand new concepts quickly and
apply them accurately throughout an evolving environment and
organize work assignments to meet established timetables.
- Good communication, computer, documentation, presentation, and
interpersonal skills are required, as well as the ability to work
both independently and as part of a team.
- Must be able to work extended hours as required.
- 30% travel to our flight test facilities should be
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a security clearance.
- US citizenship required.
Keywords: GENERAL ATOMICS, Santee , System Test and Qualification Engineer - MQ-9A, Other , Santee, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!