Staff Engineer - Avionics Systems
Company: GENERAL ATOMICS
Posted on: November 14, 2021
General Atomics Aeronautical Systems, Inc. (GA-ASI), an
affiliate of General Atomics, is a world leader in proven, reliable
remotely piloted aircraft and tactical reconnaissance radars, as
well as advanced high-resolution surveillance systems.
We have an exciting opportunity for an Aircraft System Development
(Avionics) Engineer in our Project Engineering group supporting our
largest customer, USAF. This is a dynamic opportunity to develop
cutting edge technology for one of our flagship platforms,
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- With minimal supervision, manage the development,
modernization, and sustainment of core aircraft systems
(concentration in Avionics and Communication systems).
- Technical interface between program and executive management to
a cross-functional technical team.
- Develop system architectures and define system
- Represent the company as a system subject matter expert with
customers and product suppliers.
- Develop practical solutions to resolve unusual or complex
- Provide support for proposals/white papers for new system
- Provide technical direction to a cross-functional technical
team that may include experienced aerospace, electrical,
mechanical, software, and production engineers.
- Develop technical requirements and Interface Control
- Develop and maintain engineering schedules/budgets for programs
tasks or subtasks.
- Support lab, ground, and flight test efforts; resolving
resource or technical issues as they arise.
- Support qualification testing of avionics components.We
recognize and appreciate the value and contributions of individuals
with diverse backgrounds and experiences and welcome all qualified
individuals to apply.
- Typically requires a bachelors degree, masters degree or PhD in
engineering or a related technical discipline from an accredited
institution and progressive engineering experience as follows;
twelve or more years of experience with a bachelors degree, ten or
more years of experience with a masters degree, or seven or more
years with a PhD. May substitute equivalent engineering experience
in lieu of education.
- Demonstrates an extensive technical expertise and application
of engineering principles, concepts, theory, and practice with the
ability to organize, plan, schedule, conduct, and coordinate
workloads to meet established deadlines or milestones with some
experience in project leadership.
- Must possess the ability to understand new concepts quickly and
apply them accurately throughout an evolving environment.
- Strong communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills
are required enabling an effective interface with other departments
and/or professionals, and capable of representing the organization
as a prime technical contact, as well as providing leadership and
guidance to less experienced professionals.
- Customer focused, formulates plans based on the development of
innovative new designs in resolving advanced technical engineering
- Must be able to work both independently and in a team
environment. Able to work extended hours as required.
- A Professional Engineering License, original work(s) published
in professional engineering journals, and invited to present one or
more original works to an engineering symposium are desirable.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a Security Clearance.
- U.S Citizenship required.Preferred Qualifications:
- Experience with development and test of avionics and
communication systems on military platforms.
- Familiar with industry open avionics and mission system
architecture standards (i.e. FACE, OMS, SOSA, etc.).
- Familiar with electrical test equipment such as digital
multi-meters, oscilloscopes, power supplies, and ammeters.
- Ability to review electrical schematics and wiring
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Familiar with basic electrical power generation concepts (AC
and DC generators & battery systems).
- Working knowledge of environmental & EMI/EMC qualification
(DO-160, MIL-STD-810, MIL-STD-461/462).
- Able to work extended hours as required.
- Able to travel with short notice
Keywords: GENERAL ATOMICS, Santee , Staff Engineer - Avionics Systems, Other , Santee, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!