Associate Software Developer
Company: GENERAL ATOMICS
Posted on: January 11, 2022
General Atomics Aeronautical Systems, Inc. (GA-ASI), an
affiliate of General Atomics, is a world leader in proven, reliable
remotely piloted aircraft and tactical reconnaissance radars, as
well as advanced high-resolution surveillance systems.
We have an exciting opportunity for an Associate Software Developer
to join our Software Engineering department at GA-ASI, located in
Poway, CA. In this position, you will be working in a highly
dynamic environment with an incredible variety of work. GA-ASI 's
Software Engineers write code for small embedded processors for
various components of GA-ASI 's aircraft and ground stations, as
well as simulating various sensors and components within the
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Formulate detailed plans for the implementation of software
solutions. In addition to program design this includes determining
language, platform, and resource requirements.
- Implementation of design including coding, testing, and
- Deployment of applications across the enterprise including
cross- platform compliance and insuring availability of necessary
- Maintaining and adding trainer capabilities to our existing
simulation systems, as well as working with new aircraft
- Determine user requirements and specifications and plan for
software development within the broader organizational scope.
Software development includes end-user, system level, and data
- Communicate with the software developer group, with users, and
with management as well as with the wider community.
- Maintain the strict confidentiality of sensitive
We recognize and appreciate the value and contributions of
individuals with diverse backgrounds and experiences and welcome
all qualified individuals to apply.
- Typically requires a bachelors degree in computer science,
information systems or related discipline. May substitute
equivalent experience in lieu of education.
- Must have a basic understanding of software development
concepts, principles, and theory and demonstrate the ability to
follow and apply basic use of programming and analysis
- Must possess the ability to understand new concepts quickly and
apply them accurately throughout an dynamic and fast-pace
- Good communication, computer and interpersonal skills are
required to enable an effective interface with other professionals,
to produce appropriate documentation, and to present results to a
limited internal audience. The ability to work both independently
and on a team is essential.
- Able to work extended hours as required
- Ability to obtain and maintain a DoD Security Clearance
- is required.
- U.S. Citizenship required.
- Ability to obtain and maintain DoD Security Clearance is
- Experience with C/C++ highly desired.
Keywords: GENERAL ATOMICS, Santee , Associate Software Developer, IT / Software / Systems , Santee, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!