Software Test Engineer
Company: GENERAL ATOMICS
Posted on: November 16, 2021
General Atomics Aeronautical Systems, Inc. (GA-ASI), an
affiliate of General Atomics, is a world leader in proven, reliable
remotely piloted aircraft and tactical reconnaissance radars, as
well as advanced high-resolution surveillance systems.
With limited direction, this position conducts software inspection,
testing, verification, and validation. Reviews software design and
change specifications to ensure software testing measures meet
acceptable reliability standards and program objectives. Develops,
modifies, and executes software testing plans, some of which may be
complex. May lead and provide consultation for the analysis and
development of test standards and procedures for software
development and maintenance. Participates in and may advise the
development of software quality testing, operating methods, and
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Reviews software design and change specifications. Determines
requirements and specifications for software inspection, testing,
verification, and/or validation.
* Develops, modifies and executes software testing plans for
assigned software, some of which may be complex.
* Conducts software inspections, testing, verification, and
validation of assigned software.
* Develops documentation of test results to assist in debugging and
modifying software. Analyzes test results to ensure existing
functionality, and recommends corrective action.
* Provides feedback for the technical appraisal of the tested
software program(s), and monitors its deployment across the
appropriate system (s).
* May lead and provide consultation for the development/updating of
test standards and procedures software development and software
* May provide training or direction to less experienced staff.
* May represent the organization as a primary contact with
customers and outside organizations, interacting with senior
personnel on significant matters.
* Maintains the strict confidentiality of sensitive
* Performs other duties as assigned.
Responsible for observing all laws, regulations and other
applicable obligations wherever and whenever business is conducted
on behalf of the Company. Expected to work in a safe manner in
accordance with established operating procedures and practices.
Other duties assigned as required.
We recognize and appreciate the value and contributions of
individuals with diverse backgrounds and experiences and welcome
all qualified individuals to apply.
* Typically requires a bachelors degree in engineering or a related
technical discipline from an accredited institution. May substitute
equivalent engineering experience in lieu of education.
* Must have a detailed understanding of software quality analysis
concepts, theory, and operations.
* Must be customer focused and possess:
* (1) the ability to develop creative solutions to a variety of
* (2) excellent verbal and written communication and presentation
skills to accurately document and report findings to a variety of
audiences which may include senior management and representatives;
* (3) excellent interpersonal skills to influence and guide other
employees and managers.
* The ability to work independently or in a team environment is
essential as is the ability to work extended hours and travel as
* Ability to obtain and maintain a DoD Security Clearance is
Keywords: GENERAL ATOMICS, Santee , Software Test Engineer, IT / Software / Systems , Santee, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!