Software Developer II - SkyGuardian
Company: GENERAL ATOMICS
Posted on: November 16, 2021
General Atomics Aeronautical Systems, Inc. (GA-ASI), an
affiliate of General Atomics, is a world leader in proven, reliable
remotely piloted aircraft and tactical reconnaissance radars, as
well as advanced high-resolution surveillance systems.
We have an exciting opportunity for an Entry Level Software
Developer to join our GA-ASI Software Development team located in
Poway, CA. Under general supervision and with on-going review this
position researches, designs, develops and/or modifies
enterprise-wide end-user, system level, and data management
software applications. Responsible for meeting software compliance
standards; evaluates integration of software applications with the
overall computing environment; and documentation, testing,
maintenance, and software updates. Communicates with domain
experts, users, and management throughout the software development
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Determine user requirements and specifications and plan for
software development within the broader organizational scope.
Software development includes end-user, system level, and data
- Formulate detailed plans for the implementation of software
solutions. In addition to program design this includes determining
language, platform, and resource requirements.
- Implementation of design including coding, testing, and
- Deployment of applications across the enterprise including
cross- platform compliance and insuring availability of necessary
- Code maintenance including debugging and updating to keep pace
with the evolving environment.
- Assist in planning for future applications based on new
developments in computer technology.
- Communicate with the software developer group, with users, and
with management as well as with the wider community.
- Maintain the strict confidentiality of sensitive
- Performs other duties as assigned or required. We recognize and
appreciate the value and contributions of individuals with diverse
backgrounds and experiences and welcome all qualified individuals
- Typically requires a bachelors or masters degree in computer
science, information systems or related discipline and two or more
years progressive software development experience with a bachelors
degree. May substitute equivalent experience in lieu of
- Ability to obtain and maintain a DoD Security Clearance is
- Demonstrated fluency in developing software using C/C++ and
Linux based environments.
- Must have a basic understanding of software development
concepts, principles, and theory and demonstrate the ability to
follow and apply basic use of programming and analysis
- Must possess the ability to understand new concepts quickly and
apply them accurately throughout an evolving environment.
- Good communication, computer and interpersonal skills are
required to enable an effective interface with other professionals,
to produce appropriate documentation, and to present results to a
limited internal audience.
- The ability to work both independently and on a team is
essential. Able to work extended hours as required.Preferred
- Experience developing the following:
- Embedded software in C.
- Object oriented application software in C++.
- Model Based software using SCADE.
- Software utilizing UART networks or serial
Keywords: GENERAL ATOMICS, Santee , Software Developer II - SkyGuardian, IT / Software / Systems , Santee, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!