Software Developer - Software Development Engineering in Test (SDET)
Company: GENERAL ATOMICS
Posted on: November 16, 2021
General Atomics Aeronautical Systems, Inc. (GA-ASI), an
affiliate of General Atomics, is a world leader in proven, reliable
remotely piloted aircraft and tactical reconnaissance radars, as
well as advanced high-resolution surveillance systems.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Software Development Engineer
to join GA-ASI as a member of the Software Development Engineering
in Test (SDET) team.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Determine requirements and specifications for establishing
state-of-the-art infrastructure for automated testing of
microservices-based and WPF-based applications.
- Formulate detailed plans for building out our automated testing
infrastructure. In addition to program design, this includes
determining language, platform, software tools, and resource
- Help design, implement, validate and document our testing
- Implement automated test cases to help verify complex software
built using microservices or Windows Presentation Foundation
- Assist in planning for future improvements of our testing
infrastructure and automated tests driven by new developments in
- Maintain and update testing applications and automated tests to
keep pace with the evolving environment.
- Work closely with software development teams to provide
feedback about their products and to help them resolve issues.
- Attend regular project meetings as appropriate to provide
status, collect feedback, and stay informed as to how best we can
serve the software development community.
- Performs other duties as assigned.We recognize and appreciate
the value and contributions of individuals with diverse backgrounds
and experiences and welcome all qualified individuals to apply.
- Typically requires a Bachelor's
degree, Master's degree or Ph.D. in Computer Science, Information
Systems or a related discipline and progressive software
development experience as follows: four or more years of experience
with a Bachelor's degree or two or more years of experience with a
Master's degree. May substitute equivalent experience in lieu of
- Must have an excellent understanding of software development
concepts, principles, and theory and demonstrate the ability to
follow and apply the use of programming and analysis concepts.
- Must have a good understanding of software quality analysis
concepts, theory, and operations.
- Must possess the ability to understand new concepts quickly and
apply them accurately throughout an evolving environment and
organize work assignments to meet established timetables.
- Good communication, computer, and interpersonal skills are
required to enable an effective interface with other professionals,
to produce appropriate documentation, and to present results to a
- Previous experience with environments and tools such as
Microsoft Visual Studio, Team Foundation Server, Git, and
- Previous experience with object-oriented design and development
and one or more of the following programming languages: C#, C++, C,
- Previous experience with automated testing and test development
is strongly preferred.
- Previous experience developing or testing software built using
WPF and/or microservices is desired.
- Previous experience developing UI tests using CodedUI or
WinAppDriver is desired.
- The ability to work independently or in a team environment is
- Ability to work extended hours and travel as required.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a DoD Security Clearance is
Keywords: GENERAL ATOMICS, Santee , Software Developer - Software Development Engineering in Test (SDET), IT / Software / Systems , Santee, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!