Software Developer - C/C++ (Army Software Programs)
Company: GENERAL ATOMICS
Posted on: November 14, 2021
General Atomics Aeronautical Systems, Inc. (GA-ASI), an
affiliate of General Atomics, is a world leader in proven, reliable
remotely piloted aircraft and tactical reconnaissance radars, as
well as advanced high-resolution surveillance systems.
Under general supervision and with on-going review this position
researches, designs, develops and/or modifies enterprise-wide
end-user, system level, and data management software applications.
Responsible for meeting software compliance standards; evaluates
integration of software applications with the overall computing
environment; and documentation, testing, maintenance, and software
updates. Communicates with domain experts, users, and management
throughout the software development lifecycle.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Determine user requirements and specifications and plan for
software development within the broader organizational scope.
Software development includes end-user, system level, and data
- Formulate detailed plans for the implementation of software
solutions. In addition to program design this includes determining
language, platform, and resource requirements.
- Implementation of design including coding, testing, and
- Deployment of applications across the enterprise including
cross- platform compliance and insuring availability of necessary
- Code maintenance including debugging and updating to keep pace
with the evolving environment.
- Assist in planning for future applications based on new
developments in computer technology.
- Communicate with the software developer group, with users, and
with management as well as with the wider community.
- Maintain the strict confidentiality of sensitive
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Responsible for observing all laws, regulations and other
applicable obligations wherever and whenever business is conducted
on behalf of the Company.
- Expected to work in a safe manner in accordance with
established operating procedures and practices.
We recognize and appreciate the value and contributions of
individuals with diverse backgrounds and experiences and welcome
all qualified individuals to apply.
- Typically requires a bachelor's degree in Computer Science,
Computer Engineering, or related discipline. May substitute
equivalent experience in lieu of education.
- Must have a basic understanding of software development
concepts, principles, and theory, and demonstrate the ability to
follow and apply basic use of programming and analysis
- Experience with C/C++ desired.
- Must possess the ability to understand new concepts quickly and
apply them accurately throughout an dynamic and fast-pace
- Good communication, computer and interpersonal skills are
required to enable an effective interface with other professionals,
to produce appropriate documentation, and to present results to a
limited internal audience. The ability to work both independently
and on a team is essential.
- Able to work extended hours as required
- Ability to obtain and maintain a DoD Security Clearance is
- U.S. citizenship required.
Keywords: GENERAL ATOMICS, Santee , Software Developer - C/C++ (Army Software Programs), IT / Software / Systems , Santee, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!