Software Developer II - SkyGuardian
Company: GENERAL ATOMICS
Posted on: November 12, 2021
General Atomics Aeronautical Systems, Inc. (GA-ASI), an
affiliate of General Atomics, is a world leader in proven, reliable
remotely piloted aircraft and tactical reconnaissance radars, as
well as advanced high-resolution surveillance systems.
We have an exciting opportunity for an Entry Level Software
Developer to join our GA-ASI Software Development team located in
Poway, CA. Under general supervision and with on-going review this
position researches, designs, develops and/or modifies
enterprise-wide end-user, system level, and data management
software applications. Responsible for meeting software compliance
standards; evaluates integration of software applications with the
overall computing environment; and documentation, testing,
maintenance, and software updates. Communicates with domain
experts, users, and management throughout the software development
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Determine user requirements and specifications and plan for
software development within the broader organizational scope.
Software development includes end-user, system level, and data
- Formulate detailed plans for the implementation of software
solutions. In addition to program design this includes determining
language, platform, and resource requirements.
- Implementation of design including coding, testing, and
- Deployment of applications across the enterprise including
cross- platform compliance and insuring availability of necessary
- Code maintenance including debugging and updating to keep pace
with the evolving environment.
- Assist in planning for future applications based on new
developments in computer technology.
- Communicate with the software developer group, with users, and
with management as well as with the wider community.
- Maintain the strict confidentiality of sensitive
- Performs other duties as assigned or required. We recognize and
appreciate the value and contributions of individuals with diverse
backgrounds and experiences and welcome all qualified individuals
Typically requires a bachelors or
masters degree in computer science, information systems or related
discipline and two or more years progressive software development
experience with a bachelors degree. May substitute equivalent
experience in lieu of education. Ability to obtain and maintain a
DoD Security Clearance is required.Demonstrated fluency in
developing software using C/C++ and Linux based environments.Must
have a basic understanding of software development concepts,
principles, and theory and demonstrate the ability to follow and
apply basic use of programming and analysis concepts.Must possess
the ability to understand new concepts quickly and apply them
accurately throughout an evolving environment.Good communication,
computer and interpersonal skills are required to enable an
effective interface with other professionals, to produce
appropriate documentation, and to present results to a limited
internal audience.The ability to work both independently and on a
team is essential. Able to work extended hours as
- Experience developing the following:
- Embedded software in C.
- Object oriented application software in C++.
- Model Based software using SCADE.
- Software utilizing UART networks or serial
Keywords: GENERAL ATOMICS, Santee , Software Developer II - SkyGuardian, IT / Software / Systems , Santee, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!