Quality Control Manager & Trainer
Company: Rise Up Industries
Posted on: June 16, 2022
To apply, please include salary expectations in your
resume/cover letter. POSITION SUMMARY: Quality Control Manager &
Trainer for Rise Up Industries' Machine Shop Social Enterprise. The
social enterprise is a CNC machine shop that prepares formerly
incarcerated individuals for careers as CNC machine operators
through on-the-job training on contracted machining work and
classroom education. Ideal candidate will be able to perform QC/QA
duties on contract work (-$600k projected gross revenue in 2022),
provide classroom instruction to the 10-11 program members, and
help prepare for growth. We project doubling in size over the next
five years. DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: Our staff
and volunteers work together in creating and maintaining a
welcoming environment of belonging and kinship. All are expected to
embrace and promote our Core Values through their everyday example
and thereby instill and reinforce these values in our members that
we serve. This position requires both QC/QA duties and classroom
instruction. Some of these duties include: QC/QA:
- Overall responsibility for the Quality Control and Quality
Assurance program to ensure that products meet customers'
- Review drawings and specifications prior to submission of job
- Maintain and update as needed RUI's Quality Control Manual and
ensure the procedures are followed.
- Implement and monitor shop procedures such that it is ISO
compliant and could obtain, if necessary, ISO certification.
- Teach program members machining fundamentals, basic blueprint
reading, math, safety, and other similar subjects as part of RUI's
Depart of Labor-approved apprenticeship program.
- Perform other related duties and assignments as required.
Minimum Education, Training, and Experience:
- Minimum of 5 years relevant inspection experience in the
- Minimum of 2 years supervisory experience
- Knowledge of applied metrology, ISO 9001, and AS 9100
- Must possess leadership abilities and work well with
- Must be proficient in MS Office
- Must have excellent organizational skills, communication skills
and the ability to maintain orderly, complete records.
- Preferred: Programming experience with CMM systems
- Preferred: CNC operating and programming experience
Compensation: Commensurate with experience ORGANIZATION: Rise Up
Industries (RUI) is a faith-based 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization
with a mission to minimize gang involvement through an integrated
approach of gang prevention, intervention, and post detention
reentry services. We began this three-pronged approach with our
Reentry Program for formerly incarcerated, previously gang involved
individuals. The 18-month program is in its seventh year of
operation and provides a comprehensive set of wraparound services
such as case management, counseling, mentoring, tattoo removal, job
training, and employment. A key component of the Reentry Program is
our Machine Shop Social Enterprise, which includes a DOL-approved
apprenticeship and training curriculum.
Keywords: Rise Up Industries, Santee , Quality Control Manager & Trainer, Human Resources , Santee, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!