Company: Lantern Crest Senior Living
Posted on: September 24, 2022
Lantern Crest Senior Living, Santee's premier Independent
Living, Assisted Living and Memory Care community for seniors, is
looking for a housekeeper to add to our Plant Services Team. Our
ideal candidate has a "can do!" customer service attitude and
flexible work hours.Since our Beginning in 2012, Lantern Crest
Senior Living has remained fully committed to its Mission -- to
ensure a vibrant, fulfilling, and dignified life for each of our
Residents by delivering amenities -tailored to their specific wants
and needs.We know this wouldn't be possible without our Team of
Talented and Compassionate Employees who make a lasting difference
in our Residents' lives every day. That is why Lantern Crest is
dedicated to providing a fun, rewarding work environment for our
valuable Employees, with Opportunity for Advancement and Excellent
- Medical and Prescription Drug Plans
- Dental Plan
- Vision Plan
- Gym Membership DiscountsFinancial
- Retirement Savings Plan (401k)
- Health Flexible Spending Accounts
- Life and Accident InsurancePersonal
- Paid Time Off and Bereavement Leave
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP) -ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES*
The following duties are normal for this position. These are not
exclusive or all-inclusive. Other duties may be required and
- Cleans resident apartments, common areas and offices of the
property to assure that the building is clean at all times. This
includes Resident Apartments (furnishings, fixtures, ledges, room
heating/cooling units, bathroom fixtures, windows/mirrors, blinds,
and shutters), Bathroom Areas, Entrance/Exit ways in recreational
areas, Floors (including sweeping, dusting, mopping, stripping,
waxing, buffing, and disinfecting), Carpets (vacuuming, shampooing,
deodorizing, disinfecting), Walls and ceilings (washing, wiping,
dusting, spot cleaning, disinfecting, deodorizing), Removing dirt,
dust, grease, film, etc.., From surfaces, Hallways, stairways and
elevators, and by Discarding waste/trash into proper containers and
reline trash receptacle with plastic liner.
- Ensures that work/cleaning schedules are followed as closely as
- Complete both resident personal laundry and community laundry
- Reports all hazardous conditions or equipment to the
Maintenance Director or Housekeeping Supervisor or Executive
- Removes trash and paper from all areas inside of facility.
- Ensures that assigned work areas are maintained in a clean,
safe, comfortable and attractive manner and keep work/assignment
area free of hazardous objects such as protruding mop/broom
handles, unnecessary equipment, supplies, etc.
- Uses appropriate protective equipment and supplies when
handling infectious material and/or hazardous waste and/or
- Follows proper techniques when mixing chemicals, disinfectants,
and solutions used for cleaning. Refer to manufacturer's
instructions when necessary.
- Follows established policies governing the use of labels and
Material Safety Data Sheets (MSDS).
- Takes mops and cleaning cloths to laundry at the end of shift.
Subtotal: Essential Functions Continued
- Reports missing or inappropriately labeled containers of
hazardous chemicals to the Maintenance Director or Housekeeping
Supervisor or Executive Director.
- Ensures that established infection control and universal
precautions practices are maintained when performing housekeeping
procedures and follow established policies governing the
use/disposal of personal protective equipment and disposal of
- Upon transfer or discharge of resident, cleans bed and all
resident furniture, following prescribed technique, as
- Cleans and stocks cart before placing cart in locked storage
room. Ensure all chemicals are inaccessible to residents.
Housekeeping cart must be locked when unattended.
- Attends scheduled in-services.
- Demonstrates flexibility in work schedule as evidenced by
working some Holidays and additional shifts when necessary.
- Provides support to community's marketing efforts through
positive/friendly interaction during all property tours and
telephone contact with the public, and as directed by a
- Communicates any suspected or actual changes of condition to a
- Display tact and friendliness when dealing with residents,
families and visitors.
- Maintains a safe and secure environment for all staff,
residents and guests, following established safety standards.
- Encourages teamwork through cooperative interactions with
co-workers and other departments.
- Supports a positive and professional image through actions and
- Performs other duties consistent with the position as assigned
by the Maintenance Director and/or Housekeeping Supervisor and/or
Executive Director. -Qualifications and Education Requirements
- Age Requirement: Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Education: High school education or equivalent.
- Reasoning Skills: Ability to make independent decisions with
work without supervision.
- Oral/Written Communication Skills: Ability to interact
tactfully with residents and family members, staff and general
public. Ability to make decisions in stressful situation.
Exceptional listener and communicator who effectively conveys
information verbally and in writing. Ability to make warm, positive
connections with residents, families, vendors and team members is a
- Equipment Used: Vacuums, Carpet cleaners, etc.
- Physical Effort: Be mobile and able to perform physical
requirements of the job. Good physical health verified by a
pre-employment drug screen, and health screening, including a chest
x-ray or an intradermal tuberculosis test.
- Personal Characteristics: Possesses good character and displays
high degree of personal integrity. Displays sincere compassion
towards cognitively impaired older adults. Demonstrates genuine
concern for the physical and emotional needs of older people and
- Working Conditions: Well-lighted, air-conditioned health care
- Other (As required by Tittle 22): Employee must pass a criminal
record clearance prior to beginning work in the community.
- Lantern Crest Senior Living is an EOE-(Equal Opportunity
Employer) and drug free work placeWe are an equal opportunity
employer and prohibit discrimination/harassment without regard to
race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability
status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation,
gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic
protected by federal, state or local laws.
Keywords: Lantern Crest Senior Living, Santee , Housekeeper, Hospitality & Tourism , Santee, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!