Associate Program Director, Full-time - Speech Language Pathology
Company: University of St. Augustine
Posted on: September 12, 2023
The mission of the University of St. Augustine for Health
Sciences is the development of professional health care
practitioners through innovation, individualized, and quality
classroom, clinical, and distance education.
Works in conjunction with the Program Director and other
Speech-Language Pathology Department leadership in the delivery of
the satellite program including delivery of the curriculum in a
manner that meets the program goals, learning outcomes, and
consistency between the main and satellite programs. Provides
administrative leadership for aspects of the academic program
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Implements strategies to achieve goals of the program that are
consistent with the goals and policies of the University
- Collects, prepares, and furnishes outcome data and relevant
information about the Program as required by the University and
- Participates in Program Director Council to contribute to the
development and implementation of policies and procedures
- Oversees core and contributing faculty in areas related to the
- Responsible for overseeing and participating in the training,
development, and supervision of core faculty
- Participates in and leads the recruitment and hiring of
contributing faculty and lab assistants.
- Oversees the local clinical education office responsibilities,
policies, and organizational development.--
- Interacts with local facility manager, other program leadership
and student services to ensure student satisfaction and seamless
communication and processes across all university
- Plan and participates in special events for the
- Assists program director with the development of the local
program budget, coordinates local resources needed for
classroom/lab activities, faculty scholarship, and student
- Supervises students of the program by dealing with student
issues such as complaints, appeals, and misconduct.
- Reduced teaching workload not to exceed .5 FTE
- Service and scholarly activities
- Participates in marketing activities and other activities as a
representative of the University
- Other duties as assigned by the program director
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
May perform other duties and responsibilities that management may
deem necessary from time to time.
Position may require driving or travel to other campuses. A valid
driver license for state of residence and at least minimum
liability insurance required by the state.
Responsible for the direction and supervision of faculty, students
and staff employees for the program and coordinating with the
program director for the main program.--
POSITION IN ORGANIZATION
REPORTS TO: --Program Director
POSITIONS SUPERVISED:-- Core Faculty, Contributing Faculty,
Academic Program Assistants, Student Workers at satellite
TECHNICAL, MANAGERIAL, and PEOPLE SKILLS REQUIRED
To perform this job successfully an individual must be able to
perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed
below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability
required. Incumbents will be evaluated, in part, based on
performance of each essential function. Appropriate reasonable
accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities
to perform essential functions.
- Demonstrates excellent communication, time management and
organizational skills to faculty, students, outside constituents
- Is able to work independently with numerous projects/tasks with
little or no supervision.
- Is able to work in a team environment and promote
- Models core values and takes an active role in enforcing
- Demonstrates effective interactions with University support
- Demonstrates the ability to manage change
- Has the ability to travel to off-site locations for marketing
and community/professional activities
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- Academic terminal degree (PhD or EdD) with proven scholarship,
service and committee activities
- Demonstrated leadership ability
- Prior graduate teaching experience required; graduate level
education administration highly preferred
- Proven organizational skills required with excellent
communication, time management and delegation experience
- Demonstrated data analysis and student outcomes skills
- Experience with collaboration, facilitation, and team
LICENSURE and/or CERTIFICATION
- Speech-Language Pathology state license in the state of the
campus or eligible
- ASHA Certificate of Clinical Competence
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate
the following competencies to perform the essential functions of
- Committed to Mission and Values - Has a clear understanding of
institution's mission and values. Has a passion for facilitating
learning and for enabling students to navigate their own learning
- Contribute Knowledge to the Discipline - Compelled by the
opportunity to contribute through research, scholarship
professional practice or creativity.
- Accountable -Takes personal responsibility for own goals and
outcomes to ensure student success. Establishes clear expectations,
follows through on commitments to students and holds them
accountable for assignments and performance
- Collaborative - Works cooperatively with others across the
institution and beyond, including the community and through
partnerships. Represents own interests while being inclusive and
fair to others.
- Communicates Effectively - Adapts oral and written
communication approach and style to the audience and based on the
message. Also listens attentively to others.
- Drives Engagement - Makes students feel welcome, understood and
valued. Creates a learning environment that is compelling,
challenging and productive.
- Academic Discipline Expertise - Has sufficient credentials,
industry expertise and/or experience in the discipline to teach
according to the standards and qualifications required.
- Education Design - Designs learning experiences closely linked
to learning outcomes including lesson planning, design of project,
work integrated, group learning experiences, or interactive
learning objects. Has depth of expertise in pedagogy, andragogy and
overall learning effectiveness.
- Teaching Delivery/Learning Facilitation Skills - Manages small,
large, blended, hybrid and/or online classrooms, monitoring and
ensuring participation, managing one's own and students' time and
- Drives Engagement - Creating a climate where people are
motivated to do their best to help the organization achieve its
- People Leadership - Leads by example when it comes to finding
and developing talent, with a focus on talent acquisition
strategies, setting performance targets that raises standards and
development of high potential talent.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: Work is performed primarily in a standard office
environment, but may involve exposure to moderate noise levels.
Work involves operation of personal computer equipment for six to
eight hours daily and includes physical demands associated with a
traditional office setting, e.g., walking, standing, communicating,
and other physical functions as necessary.
Hiring ranges (California):
- Associate Program Director, Assistant Professor rank: $80,520 -
- Associate Program Director, Associate Professor rank: $90,970 -
Keywords: University of St. Augustine, Santee , Associate Program Director, Full-time - Speech Language Pathology, Healthcare , Santee, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!