Waste/ Waste Water Treatment Project Manager
Company: W. M. Lyles Co.
Posted on: June 22, 2022
Waste/ Waste Water Treatment Project Manager Job Summary
This position is responsible for the administration and execution
of assigned projects in a safe, profitable, and timely manner.
Assigned projects of larger contract amounts and complexity,
establishes and maintains a professional working relationship with
owners, architects, engineers, subcontractors, and suppliers.
Additionally, this position may be responsible to participate in
business development, estimating, bidding, and contract negotiation
phases of the projects assigned.
Waste/ Waste Water Treatment Project Manager Essential Duties and
Essential duties and other responsibilities include but are not
limited to the following:
- Manages the project team to include project procurement,
administration, and daily team operations.
- Ensures assigned projects are completed on time, under budget
and at a profit on a timely and effective manner.
- Determines resources needed and defines responsibilities
assigned to specific team members.
- Provides input and supervises all pre-construction services
such as purchase orders, subcontracts, schedules, job cost set-up,
and project pre-planning.
- Serves as a liaison to initiate contact between clients,
estimators, on-site superintendents, or others to facilitate
construction activities and maintain a high degree of customer
- Participates in project coordination meetings.
- Establishes project objectives, policies, and procedures within
- Ensures all project documentation is completed in a timely
manner and maintained in the appropriate master project
- Dedicated to achieving a Zero Accident Culture by developing
and implementing site safety protocols and adherence to OSHA safety
- Works with project Superintendent to obtain resources required
to properly staff construction project.
- Reviews change orders for accuracy.
- Adheres to insurance, labor relations, Equal Employment
Opportunity (EEO), risk management, and quality control programs
- Ensures project site and company assets are secure. Maintains a
safe and respectful working environment at all times.
- Directs and ensures timely completion of project close-out
- Supervises small projects and provides supervisory assistance
with large projects.
- Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the
organization's policies and applicable laws.
- Trains employees, plans, assigns, and directs work, appraises
performance, encourages, and disciplines employees, addresses
complaints, and resolves problems.
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a
comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities
that are required of the employee for this job. Duties,
responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or
without notice. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of
the position.Waste/ Waste Water Treatment Project Manager
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed
below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability
- Must be authorized to work in the U.S.
Waste/ Waste Water Treatment Project Manager Required Education and
- A Bachelor of Science degree in Construction Management, Civil
Engineering, related field or equivalent experience.
- 12+ years of project engineer experience in the field of water
and wastewater treatment, water conveyance, sewers and sewer
- Experience managing vendor relationships and understanding
standard practices in the design and construction industry,
including knowledge of the design build process and associated
documents and contracts.
- Knowledge of construction cost, scheduling, estimating, and
engineering principals and techniques, as well as accounting
- Knowledge of various construction methods and materials, their
characteristics, installation procedures and tolerance.
- Strong computer skills and familiarization with software
programs for job costing, scheduling and estimating.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
- A valid California Driver's License
- Licensed Professional Engineer (preferred)
The physical demands described here are representative of those
that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the
essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly
required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel, reach with hands
and arms, talk, hear, taste, and smell. The employee is frequently
required to stand, walk, climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch,
or crawl. The employee is occasionally required to sit. The
employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific
vision abilities required by this job include close vision,
distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception
and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are
representative of those an employee encounters while performing the
essential functions of this job.
Office: The noise level in the work environment is usually
Job Site: While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is
frequently exposed to moving mechanical parts, fumes or airborne
particles, toxic or caustic chemicals, outside weather conditions,
extreme cold, extreme heat, and vibration. The noise level in the
work environment is usually loud.
Keywords: W. M. Lyles Co., Santee , Waste/ Waste Water Treatment Project Manager, Executive , Santee, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!