Senior Director of Financial Services
Company: GENERAL ATOMICS
Posted on: November 19, 2021
General Atomics (GA), and its affiliated companies, is one of
the world's leading resources for high-technology systems
development ranging from the nuclear fuel cycle to remotely piloted
aircraft, airborne sensors, and advanced electric, electronic,
wireless and Laser technologies. This position reports to the Vice
President Controller & Deputy CFO and is responsible for supporting
multiple General Atomics business units. The position leads a
management team responsible for the preparation of various
accounting and financial analyses used to monitor financial
performance at the individual program and business unit levels, and
is responsible for various budget and forecast deliverables.
Collaborates with senior finance management in the development and
modification of financial policies, procedures, and internal
controls; and ensures that finance and cost control activities are
successfully implemented to meet overall objectives and required
regulatory standards. Works with cross-functional senior management
in the development and implementation of annual and long-term
financial and strategic business objectives. May interact with
customers and government representatives. DUTIES AND
- Acts as a trusted advisor to business unit leadership by
providing insights for improving financial performance and
strategies to proactively identify business issues and
- Leads a team responsible for all aspects of the program and
business unit financial performance reporting, including orders,
revenue, earnings, and cash; as well as collaboration with business
unit teams to ensure program estimates at completion (EAC)
financial positions are accurate and compliant.
- Supports the monitoring and management of overhead and G&A
rates, capital expenditures, and balance sheet risk; proactively
identifies possible recovery actions, when necessary.
- Collaborates with FP&A and is responsible for accurate and
timely submission of budget and forecast inputs to the home office,
accumulating and leveraging historical data to drive better
forecasting, identification of financial risks and opportunities,
and preparation of presentations to executive leadership, external
auditors, lenders, and DCMA.
- Ensures accurate submittal of financial results for
monthly/quarterly close process and variance analysis.
- Engages in pricing and proposal activities; to include
participating in pricing strategy, bid reviews and negotiation
- Collaborates on and supports various financial system
- Monitors financial controls and procedures to ensure quality
and reliability of financial information and reporting; liaises
with external and internal audit teams; and proactively identifies
opportunities for process improvements and maximizing efficiencies.
Leadership Behaviors and Competencies:
- Demonstrate ability to interpret complex problems and make
informed objective decisions.
- Demonstrate the ability to identify areas for efficiency
improvement, lead through group and organizational change
management initiatives, and evolve finance organizations to keep
pace with rapid growth and changing customer, government and
- Develop the teams through metrics-oriented goals and stretch
opportunities/projects; organize, plan, schedule, and coordinate
workloads to meet established deadlines or milestones; and manage
with respect, effective communication, and mutual
- Collaborate cross-functionally to build and maintain productive
working relationships; lead by example to foster team growth and
collaboration by championing innovation, diversity, and
- Ability to communicate effectively at all levels of the
organization and influence change toward future strategic vision.
We recognize and appreciate the value and contributions of
individuals with diverse backgrounds and experiences and welcome
all qualified individuals to apply. Job Qualifications:
- Typically requires a Bachelor's degree in accounting, finance,
or related discipline and fifteen or more years of progressively
complex experience with at least eleven of those years in
- An MBA in finance or related field, a CPA or CMA certification,
is highly desirable
- Must have deep familiarity with CAS/DFAR and accounting for,
and analysis of, Government programs
- Experience negotiating government accounting issues with
DCAA/DCMA is highly desirable.
- Must have experience in a government contractor
- Must demonstrate a thorough application of industry and
government finance/accounting management principles and practices
and related managerial skills.
- Significant experience resolving complex management and
finance/accounting issues and serving as spokesperson on
- Strong communication, leadership, presentation, and
interpersonal skills are required.
- Ability to obtain DoD clearance.
Keywords: GENERAL ATOMICS, Santee , Senior Director of Financial Services, Executive , Santee, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!