Waste / Waste Water Treatment Project Engineer
Company: W. M. Lyles Co.
Posted on: August 4, 2022
Waste / Waste Water Treatment Project Engineer Job Summary This
position is responsible for evaluating, coordinating, and
distributing information necessary to complete a project on time,
within budget, and to the quality specified. Additionally, the
Project Engineer is responsible to protect and promote the interest
of both the Company and client in all matters as well as
demonstrate the personal characteristics of a mid-level leader.
Waste / Waste Water Treatment Project Engineer Essential Duties and
Responsibilities Essential duties and other responsibilities
include but are not limited to the following:
- Assists with pre-construction activities as needed:
construction planning and design, interpretation of design and
drawings, application of construction methods.
- Develops, implements, and administers project engineering
procedures and other work documentation.
- Assists with job controls to ensure compliance with contract,
budget, schedule, forecasting and job costing.
- Prepares estimate of company's change order work.
- Assembles and notifies all parties of approved change orders in
accordance with owner contract requirements.
- Issues service agreements for various needs as directed by
- Completes required new hire documentation for field
- Develops and maintains good working relationship with Owners,
subcontractors and field personnel.
- Distributes new drawings, changes, approved submittals, RFI
responses and other project information to all affected
- Procures of labor, materials and equipment.
- Dedicated to achieving a Zero Accident Culture by adhering to
site safety protocols and OSHA safety standards.
- Assists Field Engineers with job duty requirements such as
timecard review and invoice processing.
- Takes weekly jobsite photographs for documentation purposes.
Manages project photo database.
- Oversees in preparation of project status reports, participates
in project status meetings, and development of meeting
- Assists in project close-out activities.
- Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the
organization's policies and applicable laws.
- Trains employees, plans, assigns, and directs work, identifies
complaints, and resolves problems. This job description is not
designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities,
duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for
this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any
time with or without notice. Reasonable accommodations may be made
to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
functions of the position. Waste / Waste Water Treatment Project
Engineer Qualifications To perform this job successfully, an
individual must be able to perform each essential duty
satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of
the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Must be authorized to work in the U.S. Waste / Waste Water
Treatment Project Engineer Required Education and Experience
- A Bachelor of Science degree in Construction Management, Civil
Engineering, related field or equivalent experience.
- 4+ years' experience in estimating support, engineering, field
support or similar experience.
- Ability to identify and resolve complex issues.
- Working knowledge of construction equipment and techniques,
drawing, and specifications, building materials and required
standards applicable to discipline.
- Strong computer skills and familiarization with software
programs for job costing, scheduling and estimating.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills. Certificates,
- A valid California Driver's License
- Licensed Professional Engineer (preferred) Physical
Requirements Physical Demands The physical demands described here
are representative of those that must be met by an employee to
successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While
performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly
required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel, reach with hands
and arms, talk, hear, taste, and smell. The employee is frequently
required to stand, walk, climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch,
or crawl. The employee is occasionally required to sit. The
employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific
vision abilities required by this job include close vision,
distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception
and ability to adjust focus. Work Environment The work environment
characteristics described here are representative of those an
employee encounters while performing the essential functions of
this job. Office: The noise level in the work environment is
usually moderate. Job Site: While performing the duties of this
Job, the employee is frequently exposed to moving mechanical parts,
fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals, outside
weather conditions, extreme cold, extreme heat, and vibration. The
noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
Keywords: W. M. Lyles Co., Santee , Waste / Waste Water Treatment Project Engineer, Engineering , Santee, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!