Waste / Waste Water Treatment Project Engineer
Company: W. M. Lyles Co.
Posted on: May 15, 2022
Waste / Waste Water Treatment Project Engineer Job Summary
This position is responsible for evaluating, coordinating, and
distributing information necessary to complete a project on time,
within budget, and to the quality specified. Additionally, the
Project Engineer is responsible to protect and promote the interest
of both the Company and client in all matters as well as
demonstrate the personal characteristics of a mid-level leader.
Waste / Waste Water Treatment Project Engineer Essential Duties and
Essential duties and other responsibilities include but are not
limited to the following:
- Assists with pre-construction activities as needed:
construction planning and design, interpretation of design and
drawings, application of construction methods.
- Develops, implements, and administers project engineering
procedures and other work documentation.
- Assists with job controls to ensure compliance with contract,
budget, schedule, forecasting and job costing.
- Prepares estimate of company's change order work.
- Assembles and notifies all parties of approved change orders in
accordance with owner contract requirements.
- Issues service agreements for various needs as directed by
- Completes required new hire documentation for field
- Develops and maintains good working relationship with Owners,
subcontractors and field personnel.
- Distributes new drawings, changes, approved submittals, RFI
responses and other project information to all affected
- Procures of labor, materials and equipment.
- Dedicated to achieving a Zero Accident Culture by adhering to
site safety protocols and OSHA safety standards.
- Assists Field Engineers with job duty requirements such as
timecard review and invoice processing.
- Takes weekly jobsite photographs for documentation purposes.
Manages project photo database.
- Oversees in preparation of project status reports, participates
in project status meetings, and development of meeting
- Assists in project close-out activities.
- Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the
organization's policies and applicable laws.
- Trains employees, plans, assigns, and directs work, identifies
complaints, and resolves problems.
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a
comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities
that are required of the employee for this job. Duties,
responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or
without notice. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of
Waste / Waste Water Treatment Project Engineer Qualifications
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed
below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability
- Must be authorized to work in the U.S.
Waste / Waste Water Treatment Project Engineer Required Education
- A Bachelor of Science degree in Construction Management, Civil
Engineering, related field or equivalent experience.
- 4+ years' experience in estimating support, engineering, field
support or similar experience.
- Ability to identify and resolve complex issues.
- Working knowledge of construction equipment and techniques,
drawing, and specifications, building materials and required
standards applicable to discipline.
- Strong computer skills and familiarization with software
programs for job costing, scheduling and estimating.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
- A valid California Driver's License
- Licensed Professional Engineer (preferred)
The physical demands described here are representative of those
that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the
essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly
required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel, reach with hands
and arms, talk, hear, taste, and smell. The employee is frequently
required to stand, walk, climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch,
or crawl. The employee is occasionally required to sit. The
employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific
vision abilities required by this job include close vision,
distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception
and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are
representative of those an employee encounters while performing the
essential functions of this job.
Office: The noise level in the work environment is usually
Job Site: While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is
frequently exposed to moving mechanical parts, fumes or airborne
particles, toxic or caustic chemicals, outside weather conditions,
extreme cold, extreme heat, and vibration. The noise level in the
work environment is usually loud.
Keywords: W. M. Lyles Co., Santee , Waste / Waste Water Treatment Project Engineer, Engineering , Santee, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!