Senior ST&Q Engineer - SkyGuardian/Protector
Company: GENERAL ATOMICS
Posted on: January 16, 2022
General Atomics Aeronautical Systems, Inc. (GA-ASI), an
affiliate of General Atomics, is a world leader in proven, reliable
remotely piloted aircraft and tactical reconnaissance radars, as
well as advanced high-resolution surveillance systems.
We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced System Test &
Qualification Engineer (ST&Q) for our SkyGuardian/ MQ-9B
Protector Program. This position is located at our Poway location
supporting test and evaluation engineering activities on General
Atomics systems, specifically our highly-advanced Synthetic
Training System. This position is an excellent fit for someone who
enjoys a fast-paced environment with hands-on access to our
industry-leading Unmanned platform, MQ-9B. The ST&Q engineer
will be an integral part of the development team and lead all final
testing of the product before it is delivered to the customer.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Experienced candidate will hit the ground running and quickly
learn the principles of General Atomics products as well as test
progression from development to verification test.
- Perform Test and Evaluation (T&E) activities under minimal
supervision, will determine and develop various approaches to
achieve T&E goals and help guide the completion of test
- Act as primary test engineer during test operations. Test
duties include system level T&E of hardware and software with
emphasis placed on resource planning, conducting operational
testing, and participating in technical test reviews.
- Communicate clearly and in writing all facets of flight test
program to include test plans, test procedures and test reports.
Candidate will work with internal and government customers.
- Responsible for observing all laws, regulations and other
applicable obligations wherever and whenever business is conducted
on behalf of the Company.
- Expected to work in a safe manner in accordance with
established operating procedures and practices.
We recognize and appreciate the value and contributions of
individuals with diverse backgrounds and experiences and welcome
all qualified individuals to apply.
- Typically requires a bachelor's
degree, master's degree or PhD in engineering or a related
technical discipline from an accredited institution and progressive
engineering experience as follows; six or more years of experience
with a bachelor 's degree, four or more years of experience with a
master 's degree, or two or more years with a PhD. May substitute
equivalent engineering experience in lieu of education.
- Previous flight or software test engineer with a qualification
to perform tests for a military organization including prior
Department of Defense (DoD) Developmental Test (DT) or Operational
Test (OT) experience is highly desired.
- Experience as a test conductor, test director, test
pilot/navigator or participation in a Combined Test Team (CTT) or
Integrated Test Force (ITF) is desired.
- Experience testing weapons and payload for aircraft is
- Analysis expertise desired with an emphasis on data collection,
ad hoc queries and suitability measures. Experience with analysis
tools such as MATLAB, STK, FOQA or other products.
- Previous expertise and working knowledge of the National
Airspace System and UAS operating rules and regulations thereof.
Prior flight experience civil or prior military aircrew
- Must have a complete understanding of engineering concepts,
principles, codes, and theory; experience demonstrating a broad
application of those concepts; and, expanding knowledge of
principles, concepts, theory, and practices in related technical
- Must possess the ability to understand new concepts quickly;
apply them accurately throughout an evolving environment; organize,
schedule, and coordinate work phases; and, determine the
appropriate approach at the task level or, with assistance, at the
project level to provide solutions to a range of complex
- Must have excellent communication, computer, documentation,
presentation, and interpersonal skills, ability to work
independently and as part of a team; able to perform complex tasks
in one engineering area; and, lead a team of less experienced
professional employees on semi-routine tasks.
- Able to work extended hours as required.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a DoD security clearance is
Keywords: GENERAL ATOMICS, Santee , Senior ST&Q Engineer - SkyGuardian/Protector, Engineering , Santee, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!