Engineer - Advanced Technologies
Company: GENERAL ATOMICS
Posted on: November 12, 2021
General Atomics Aeronautical Systems, Inc. (GA-ASI), an
affiliate of General Atomics, is a world leader in proven, reliable
remotely piloted aircraft and tactical reconnaissance radars, as
well as advanced high-resolution surveillance systems.
We have an exciting opportunity for an Engineer / Scientist to join
our Mission Payloads and Exploitation (MPEx) Advanced Concepts team
here in San Diego, CA.
We are looking for a highly technical Engineer who enjoys
developing new technologies and techniques that solve critical
problems, with the ability to assist in rapid prototyping for proof
of concept demonstrations. In this role, you will develop novel
sensing capabilities leveraging a wide range of technologies; RF,
AI/ML, EO/IR, DSP, COMMS, etc.
The successful candidate will report to and work closely with the
Manager of the Advanced Technologies department.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide expert guidance and consulting to team members within
the Advanced Technologies group
- Initiate and develop highly innovative solutions to advanced
- Perform assessments of candidate state-of-the-art signal
- Develop sensing capabilities leveraging a wide range of
technologies; RF, AI/ML, EO/IR, DSP, etc.
- Develop and assess novel communications solutions, including
waveforms, networking, and electronics
- Perform analysis of candidate designs to determine the impact
to subsystem and system performance
- Provide expert guidance and consulting to other staff
- Assist in the concept generation for, and authorship of, white
papers and proposals
- Support supplier and subcontractor evaluations
- Provide technical management of subcontracts when required
- Represent the Company as the prime technical contact to
customers and suppliers
- Performs other duties as assigned or requiredWe recognize and
appreciate the value and contributions of individuals with diverse
backgrounds and experiences and welcome all qualified individuals
- Typically requires a Bachelors degree, Masters degree or PhD in
a scientific or related technical field and progressively complex
scientific experience as follows; six or more years experience with
a Bachelors degree, four or more years experience with a Masters
degree, and two or more with a PhD. Equivalent scientific
experience may be substituted in lieu of education.
- Previous experience with modeling and analysis of electronic
systems, subsystems and circuits is required.
- Previous experience with Matlab is required.
- Previous experience with Machine Learning techniques is
- Proficiency with Labview or Python programming software is
- Must be a team player with excellent communications skills both
verbally and in technical writing.
- Must be able to prepare and conduct detailed technical
presentations and reviews.
- Must be customer focused, formulates plans based on the
development of innovative new designs in resolving advanced
technical engineering problems.
- Must be able to work on a self-initiated basis and in a team
- Some travel and extended work schedules may be required.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a DoD security clearance is
Keywords: GENERAL ATOMICS, Santee , Engineer - Advanced Technologies, Engineering , Santee, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!